Marriage and Family Therapist Student and Professional Organizations
Student and Professional organizations are resources for students and professionals to network, find supervisors, learn about the job market, find conferences, learn about advocacy, learn about changes in licensing requirements, find the latest research, find continuing education and much more.
Marriage and Family Therapy student associations are most often affiliated with a College or University and can usually be found via the school’s marriage and family therapy website. Professional organizations welcome MFT students to membership in most cases and provide many useful student resources.
- Featured Online Marriage and Family Therapy Program Options:
- Capella University offers an online MS in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) program that is accredited by COAMFTE (Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education). The curriculum incorporates current MFT education standards and is designed to help you prepare to pursue state licensure eligibility. Click here to contact Capella University and request information about their program.
- Grand Canyon University (GCU) offers a variety of Master’s programs in Mental Health Counseling including an online M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling: Marriage and Family Therapy and an online Post-M.S. in Counseling: Marriage and Family Therapy Certificate. Each state has specific education requirements as they pertain to MFT licensure. Confirm with your state that this program will meet licensure requirements. Click here to learn more about the GCU programs and course descriptions.
- Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) offers a CACREP accredited online Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Click here to learn about the psychology and counseling programs at SNHU.
- University of West Alabama offers a Master's of Science in Family Counseling as well as several additional Master's programs and a Bachelor's in Psychology undergraduate option. Graduates are prepared to pursue positions in counseling, research, education and other industries. Click here to learn about the University of West Alabama and their programs.
- The International Marriage and Family Therapy Honor Society: Delta Kappa
Professional Organizations and Associations
- International Association of Marriage and Family Counselors (IAMFC)
5999 Stevenson Avenue
Alexandria, Virginia 22304-3300
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
AAMFT – Central Office
112 South Alfred Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: (703) 838-9808
- National Council on Family Relations
1201 West River Parkway – Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN 55454
- International Family Therapy Association
- American Family Therapy Academy
- European Family Therapy Association
Accrediting Agencies for MFT Education
- Commission on Accreditation of Marriage and Family Therapy Education
Find MFT License Requirements in Your State:Learn more about becoming an LMFT in your state:
To View Full Map Click Here.